November 16, 2009 Charity and Security Network Newsletter
Vol 1, Issue 21
Featured articles and blog commentaries (click on headline to read full article):
1. House Committee Reins In Patriot Act Provisions; Calls Made for Hearing on Amending Material Support Statute
2. Summary of House Judiciary Committee Discussion of Humanitarian Exemption to Material Support Prohibition
3. Al Haramain v. Treasury: Successful Constitutional Challenge to Unlimited Treasury Power to Shutdown Charities
4. Asset Forfeiture Case Filed Against Alavi Foundation, Grantees Not Accused
5. Massachusetts State Bill Calls For Oversight on Fusion Center
6. President Nominates Shah to Head USAID
7. Update: ACLU Drops Suit After TSA Changes Policies to Limit Unreasonable Searches
8. UK Charity Commission’s Compliance Toolkit: Protecting Charities from Harm
9. Aid Workers Killed or Abducted Around the World in 2009
10. How Many Children Could be Helped if Frozen Charitable Funds Were Released?
Visit the Charity and Security Network website for more news and analysis.